Thursday, October 22, 2015

Congratulations to Another CSU Alumnus

So I was paging through my emails and got the Official Use Only version of the document below. It is the press release from the Cook County Department of Homeland Security. Their long serving director has stepped down and County Board President Toni Preckwinkle has appointed a new director, Ernest Brown, to head the agency. With a long career in public safety I was especially gratified to discover that Mr. Brown is a graduate of CSU from my department. I am hopeful under the incoming administration there will be a heightened focus on emergency management both as an academic endeavor and a practical application. The outgoing regime has been remarkably inept in this area highlighting its status as a kakistocracy (I love dictionary.com) of the first order. 
Congratulations to Mr. Ernest Brown, CSU alum and new director of the Cook County Department of Homeland Security. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the department and CSU faculty whose excellent teaching no doubt shaped E.Brown's greatness, such as the preeminent and distinguished Professor Beverly.

    ReplyDelete