I've been asked to post this on the blog on behalf of students involved in Occupy Cook on Thursday. Will we support them?
The students of Chicago State are occupying President Watson's office on Thursday, April 11, 2013 because of:
- the alarming drop in enrollment that threatens the very future of the school.
- the hiring of unqualified people into high paying jobs who have mismanaged their departments, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars and embarassing the school.
- the general sloppiness in management by the current administration that has led to the scandalously high numbers of audit findings.
- the refusal of the current administration to honor the first amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America.
- the removal by the Governor of members of the Board of Trustees who were on the verge of removing the current President. The Governor, instead of acting to protect the reputation of the school, as he did in the wake of the recent enrollment scandal at U of I Champaign, acted to protect politically connected incompetents to the detriment of the reputation of Chicago State University.